Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Charlotte Church and her children 'almost gassed to death by faulty boiler'




Escape: Miss Church had no idea the deadly gas was leaking into the home where she recently moved with her children, Ruby, three, and Dexter, two

Charlotte Church and her two children were almost killed when a faulty boiler leaked deadly gas into her new mansion.

The Welsh singer, 24, had been suffering headaches for weeks and only became aware she was being poisoned when her concerned grandfather suggested she install a Carbon Monoxide detector.

Miss Church said she felt 'lucky to be alive' after the scare at the £1.3million pile in South Wales.

A source told Closer magazine: 'Charl was terrified when she found out what had been happening and said she feels lucky to be alive.

'She had been complaining of headaches for weeks but had no idea why.

'Then her granddad suspected carbon monoxide could be the reason and installed a detector to find out. Thanks to him both Charl and the kids are fine.'

Miss church and children Ruby, three, and Dexter, two, moved into the new home, set in three acres overlooking a golf course, six months ago after her split with rugby ace Gavin Henson.

Faulty: Miss Church moved into the £1.3million, 5-bedroom mansion, in South Wales, last July

The source added: 'She had no idea that the boiler was playing up.

'When she heard the carbon monoxide alarm go off, she called in a plumber, who said her granddad saved her life.

'She is probably lucky that the house is so big and airy and the boiler is a long way from the living areas.

'But she knows she's had a lucky escape.'

source: dailymail [endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment